What is the Best Mouse for Web and Graphic Designers?
Creativity, passion, evolution are the key traits required to become a great graphic designer.
Where creativity is the driving force behind your innovative ideas and thoughts, passion is what makes it possible for you to convert those thoughts into a majestic reality.
While on the other hand, the quest for new inspiration and continuous evolution are what polish your skills as a designer.
It’s not just the design methods that have gone through a thorough evolution process; the entire paradigms of the design industry have shifted towards the digital realms.
This shift towards digital and more advanced design world has introduced newer and more innovative design techniques and devices.
When it comes to designing devices and gadgets, nothing is more significant than a high-tech mouse.
Where a comfy chair is necessary for the designer’s physical comfort, an easy-to-use mouse is what adds to the comfort and helps in delivering the promised quality.
Just as the design trends and methods have evolved, the designing technology and photography business has also enhanced the quality of the designing peripherals.
Where many smart-devices manufacturers want you to think that a stylus is the most advanced substitute of a cursor, let’s clarify one thing nothing can replace the functionality and ease offered by a high-quality graphic design mouse.
While a single stroke of a stylus and few finger-taps might be the easiest way to interact with a computer, but nothing runs smoothly on desktop like an awesome mouse.
Whether you are Macintosh fan or a Microsoft user, trackpad or a touchscreen cannot provide with a higher level of functionality and ease since mice are not limited to your laptop’s frame which is why mice are more accurate and smoother to use and work with.
Regardless of what type or category of creative work you are doing, a great mouse contributes a lot in smoothening your workflow and increasing your working efficiency.
When it comes to producing stunning graphic design, a great computing experience is all that you need to accomplish excellence in your designs.
From a technologically advanced monitor and latest software packages to high-tech peripherals, each component plays a pivotal role in enriching the computing and modern graphic designing experience.
Pointing out the prime designing peripherals:
Apart from that, the real question is, how do you find the right peripheral for yourself?
As both the online and offline stores and marketplaces are flooded with tons of high-tech mice and peripheral devices.
Why use an outdated and basic wire and plastic peripheral when you have a hundred of amazing options and possibilities.
If you are worried about purchasing the wrong device then let’s put a halt to your worries and stresses and let’s explore the oceanic world of creative designing peripherals:
1 – Logitech MX Master 2S – productivity maximised:
- Cross computer control: Game changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on 3 computers, and copy paste text, images, and files from 1 to the other using Logitech flow
- Dual connectivity: Use with upto 3 Windows or Mac computers via included Unifying receiver or Bluetooth Smart wireless technology
- Advanced ergonomic design: Perfectly sculpted, hand crafted shape supports your hand and wrist in a comfortable, natural position
- Auto shift scrolling: Speed adaptive scroll wheel auto shifts on the fly from click to click to hyper fast scrolling; Wireless operating distance: 10 m
- Battery: rechargeable Li-Po (500 mAh) battery. Rechargable battery: Upto 70 days of power on a single charge; Number of buttons: 7
The MX Master might be expensive, but it’s for all the valid and good reasons.
A price tag might be the first thing you notice while purchasing any device, but this device is worth paying that price.
Doubtlessly, one of the best and most advanced designing peripheral of the year 2019 as it has a lot to offer.
Where most of the advanced and latest gadgets and peripherals have edgy design and multiple buttons setups to appeal to the gamers, MX master, on the other hand, is quite simple in that regards.
This mouse was created to maximise productivity, and that’s exactly what makes it the first preference of hundreds of designers out there.
Offering a set of seven highly-functional buttons, 2.4 GHz wireless interface and Bluetooth connection, MX Master lets you experiment with your creative designs.
Build for right-handed ergonomics, a smooth thumb wheel and fully-customizable buttons and 4,000 DPI; it won’t be an exaggeration to say that once you get used to it, there’s no going back.
A promising highly precise tracking, augmented usage flexibility, ease of workflow, considerably low-performance latency, galvanised by an advanced USB receiver, Logitech is all you need for effective computing and multitasking.
2 – Logitech MX Anywhere 2 – versatility enriched:
- CROSS COMPUTER CONTROL Game changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on three computers, and copy paste text, images, and files from one to the other using Logitech FLOW
- DUAL CONNECTIVITY Use with up to three Windows or Mac computers and laptops via included Unifying receiver or Bluetooth Smart wireless technology
- HYPER FAST SCROLLING Scroll through long documents or web pages faster and easier. Or press the wheel and shift to click to click mode for precise navigation.Wireless technology: Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless technology
- WORKS ANYWHERE 4000 dpi Darkfield sensor tracks flawlessly virtually anywhere, even on glass. Mouse Dimensions-1.3 x 2.4 x 3.9. Unifying Receiver-0.2 x 0.5 x 0.5 inches
- RECHARGABLE BATTERY Up to 70 days of power on a single charge
A better substitute for Logitech’s flagship product, MX Master.
The MX Anywhere 2 is regarded as an ideal portable mouse.
Available at reasonable and considerably low price, MX Anywhere 2 comes with a quick setup and lasting battery life.
Equipped with quick charging capabilities, the device is known to gain a full charge within a few minutes.
So if you need a device for all-day use, then Anywhere 2 will be the perfect work partner for all your day-long computing activities.
Providing you with ease of connection to three and more device at a time, MX Anywhere 2 is what makes it distinct from other portable devices.
Having a DPI of 1,600, an interface of 2.4 GHz and six buttons, MX Anywhere is manufactured for right-handed ergonomics.
The easy-to-use free-scrolling wheel combined with Darkfield laser tracking makes it an ideal partner for creative designing.
Its gesture function, unifying receiver and easy-switch tech outweigh the disadvantageousness of non-removable battery.
3 – Microsoft Classic IntelliMouse – legends don’t retire:
- Ultra-slim and lightweight.
- Quickly and efficiently click to complete your most common tasks with three customizable buttons.
- The ergonomic design of the new Microsoft Classic IntelliMouse is comfortable for hours of use.
- Plug in the fast, wired USB connector without waiting for Bluetooth to pair or searching for a dongle.
- The exceptional tracking that fans loved about IntelliMouse 3.0 is even more precise with a DPI range up to 3200.
With the reinvention of Microsoft’s classic mouse with a slightly modern touch, many designers and graphic design experts breathed a sigh of relief.
While the modern-day tech devices are all about edgy designs, appealing looks, unnecessary features and odd features, Classic IntelliMouse is all you need to avoid the hassles of understanding and using the overwhelmingly feature-packed devices.
A solid design, classic shape and illuminated by a stunning white light, this device comes with highly functional sensors and a DPI of up to 3,200.
Having a wired interface and right-handed ergonomics, this device is the perfect example of what it means to be classicism exemplified.
Its wired-ness is what makes it unsuitable for gaming and other similar purposes.
However, the solid yet responsive design and structure and five highly purposeful buttons are what makes IntelliMouse your ideal ally in all of your everyday office and work activities.
The not-so-hefty price tag, comfortable usage, retro-contemporary look and the nostalgic feel are what Microsoft is targeting to bring back the era of this iconic peripheral device.
4 – Anker Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse – it’s a different type of weird:
- Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral “handshake” wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- Added next/previous buttons provide convenience when webpage browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers and people who work at length at the computer.
- Enters power saving mode (power is cut off completely) after 8 minutes idle, press right or left button for it to wake. Product dimensions: 120*62.8*74.8 mm; product weight: 3.4 oz.
- Package includes: 1 Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse (2 AAA batteries not included), 1 2.4G USB receiver (in the bottom of the mouse), 1 instruction manual. 18-month hassle-free warranty.
This mouse is as twisted and weird as its name, long and strange.
The shape and the design structure might look like an off-putting aspect of this mouse, but that’s the best part about it.
The appearance might be weird but the structure s design for maximum comfort and usage.
Once you get your hands on it, it might be the only mouse that you want to use.
The structure is designed with consideration of RSI sufferers and its prevention.
Featuring a DPI of 1,000 and price as cheap as a pack of chips, Anker Vertical is a highly affordable way for RSI prevention.
Consisting of five buttons and vertical ergonomics, this device doesn’t come with Mac OS support and refined and advanced features.
5 – Apple Magic Mouse 2 – tagline manifested:
- Magic Mouse 2 is completely rechargeable, so you’ll eliminate the use of traditional batteries.
- It’s lighter, has fewer moving parts thanks to its built-in battery and continuous bottom shell, and has an optimized foot design — all helping Magic Mouse 2 track easier and move with less resistance across your desk.
- And the Multi-Touch surface allows you to perform simple gestures such as swiping between web pages and scrolling through documents.
- Magic Mouse 2 is ready to go right out of the box and pairs automatically with your Mac.
- Magic Mouse 2 is completely rechargeable, so you’ll eliminate the use of traditional batteries.
Bigger, better and smarter phones are not the only devices that Apple manufactures or designs, they also have a well-stable and profitable production line of peripherals devices, and Apple Magic Mouse 2 is probably one of the most innovative products of them all.
Undeniably, when it comes to the looks of the product, Apple never disappoints, and the same is the case with Magic Mouse.
The device is wondrous to look at and comes with the unique product specification.
The strange but incredible part about this mouse is that it doesn’t have any buttons.
Manufactured for pure aesthetical purpose, using Magic Mouse 2 for everyday work activities might not be the best suggestion.
This gesture-controlled and multi-touch mouse provides you with all the advantages of trackpad and mouse.
Fantastic looks, amazingly uncomfortable usage and a hefty price tag—that’s Apple Magic Mouse 2 for you.
To add to that, the device is made with ambidextrous ergonomics and have a DPI of 1,300.
6 – Logitech MX Vertical – comfort piloted:
- ADVANCED ERGONOMIC DESIGN Places your hand in a natural handshake position using a unique 57 degree angle, preventing forearm twisting and reducing muscular strain by 10 percent* (*As compared with a traditional non vertical mouse. Based on Logitech Study, September 2017)
- HYPER EFFICIENT TRACKING 4000 DPI high precision sensor provides precise tracking that requires 4x less hand movement compared to a traditional mouse with a 1000 DPI sensor
- CROSS COMPUTER CONTROL? Game changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on three computers, and copy paste text, images, and files from one to the other using Logitech FLOW
- THREE WAYS TO CONNECT? Use with up to three Windows or Mac computers via included wireless USB unifying receiver or Bluetooth smart technology or the included USB C charging cable. Wireless Operating Distance 10m wireless
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY With quick charging: Stays powered for 4 months on a full charge ? and get 3 hours of use from a 1 minute quick charge (Battery life may vary based on user and computing conditions). Batterylife:Rechargeable Li Po battery (240mAh)
If less rigorousness focused ergonomics is what you are looking for in a device, then MX Vertical is what you need.
The name says it all; this device is vertical in its usage and design but give a natural feel when it comes to usage and its applications.
The vertical design not only reduces the wrist and hand stress, but its handy buttons also increase the cursor speed and speed switch.
The best part about this device is its top buttons, which allows you to seamlessly switch between different systems while reducing your hand movements and stress.
Featuring a DPI of 4,000, six buttons and Bluetooth interface, this device provides you with easy-switch and is flow-enabled.
The only drawback that this device might have is the hefty price tag attached to it.
However, its comfortable design and usage, and almost four-month-long battery make it a device worth investing in.
- MAKING THE JOYSTICK OBSOLETE – The Z is a hardware fusion between a joystick, gamepad and mouse. A world first gaming mouse innovation allows you to Pivot, Tilt & Roll. Top end Gyro technology gives you joystick like control. Perfect for FPS, MMO, MOBA flight sim and driver control computer games.
- 50+ UNIQUE CLICKS & GESTURES – A new way of clicking buttons gives you unrivalled speed and precision. With unique button positioning you can easily access dozens of different actions while barely moving your fingers, allowing 50+ unique clicks while maintaining total control of the mouse.
- THE Z IS A GAME CHANGER – Swiftly take your gaming to the next level. The Z will give you the edge to crush your competition. With the Swiftpoint Z you will wow your team and dominate your opponents. Using the Z you will breakthrough to new levels in popular games such as PUBG, Fortnight, Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, Overwatch and many more.
- FORCE CLICK PRESSURE SENSORS – The most dynamic mouse on the market. With 5 pressure sensing buttons the Swiftpoint Z senses how hard you click. Fully customizable with at least 3 pressure levels available per button. Another world first feature of the Z is that it provides tactile feedback so you know when you’ve made a deeper click.
- MASSIVE PERSONALIZATION – Easily use out of the box, then start to customize your gaming style. Programmable software allows you to create the perfect game profile. Quickly change profile with the click of a button. You can modify your mouse – see images of what’s in the box – such as button size, shape and placement. Adjustable and replaceable feet to set your perfect tilt level or lock off all together. You’ll always have a stable gaming mouse
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source – The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Keyboards, Mice, PC Headset, PC Microphone, Gaming Designed, Based on dollar sales, Jan. 2017- Mar. 2020 combined.
- 25% Faster Than Competing Wireless Mice: Razer HyperSpeed wireless technology brings together extreme low-latency and interference reduction for true wireless freedom
- 3x Quicker Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: Razer Optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light
- Included Customizable Chroma Lighting & RGB Mouse Charging Dock: Features 16.8 million color combinations w/ included preset profiles; provides 5 hours of wireless playtime within 10 minutes of charging
- 11 Programmable Buttons: Allows for reconfiguration and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
- Worlds NO.1 Best Selling Wireless Gaming Gear Brand – Based on independent sales data (FEB ‘19 – FEB’20) of Wireless Gaming Keyboard, Mice, & PC Headset in units from: US, CA, CN, JP, KR, TW, TH, IN, DE, FR, RU, UK, SE, TR
- PowerPlay wireless charging: never worry about your battery life again. Add the power play wireless charging system to keep your G502 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse and other compatible G mice charged while at rest and at play. * *powerplay wireless charging system sold separately
- Light speed wireless gaming mouse: Exclusive Logitech G ultra-fast wireless technology used by Pro gamers in competitions worldwide
- Next gen Hero 16K sensor: Logitech most accurate sensor yet with up-to 16, 000 DPI for the ultimate in Gaming speed, accuracy and responsiveness across entire DPI range
- 11 customizable buttons and hyper fast scroll wheel: Assign custom macro and shortcut commands to the buttons for each game with Logitech G hub software. Use hyper fast scrolling TO rapidly review menus, Long web pages and more
- 【8 programmable buttons & Fire Button】 support Macro editing, 8 mouse buttons can be programmed with PICTEK easy-to-program gaming software. The rapid Fire button gives you the edge during intensive FPS battles. Great value FPS gaming mouse, also excellent for MOBA/ RTS games. (Driver Disk included)
- 【Chroma RGB backlit for extreme gaming experience】 upgraded version of PICTEK T7, with Chroma RGB lighting, up to 16. 8 million colors to fit your mood. Easily turn on and off the backlit or change the color mode with the convenient switch at the bottom of the mouse. Plus, adopts impressive optical gaming sensor, ensure quickly switch for different games.
- 【Excellent gaming performance with 7200 DPI and 4 polling rate】 PICTEK T16 gaming mouse with default 5 DPI levels available from 1200 to 7200 DPI. Easily adjust to instantly match mouse speed to different games. 4 polling rate is adjustable: 125Hz/250Hz/500Hz/1000Hz, polling rate ensures smooth and high-speed movement.
- 【Ergonomic design】 T16 with symmetrical & streamlined provides a comfortable claw-grip design, long-term use without fatigue. Top choice for computer game players. Excellent wired PC gaming mouse for casual gamers.
- 【Reliable quality & PICTEK service】 T16 PC gaming mouse, 20 million clicks lifespan, buttons with neat rebound and good feedback. PICTEK will spare no effort to provide the satisfied service to every customer, feel free to Contact us when you meet any problem, You will be replied within 12 hours.
- Ultra slim and lightweight. Battery life: Upto 6 months
- Snaps flat and slips easily into a pocket or bag
- Innovative full scroll plane lets you scroll both vertically. Wireless range: 32.8 feet (10 meters) in open area, and 16.4 feet (5 meters) in office environment
- Dimensions: 5.17 x 2.17 x 0.56 inches. Weight: 2.91 ounces (including batteries). Battery: 2 AAA alkaline batteries (included)
- Compatibility: Microsoft Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8. Must be Bluetooth 4.0 enabled. Wireless frequency 2.4 GHz frequency range
Over to you now
When it comes to purchasing the right peripheral device, the choices might be dozens but knowing your needs and requirements and matching it to the product specification can save you from a lot of purchase hassles and stress.
Do your research before making any purchase decision and get a device that provides you with every needed feature, higher-level of comfort and comes with a reasonably priced tag.
You can also get your own Wikipedia page from Wikipedia page creator.
Author Bio: Zeeshan Hussain Bhatti is a Digital Strategist & Tech Geek, He’s always exploring new skills with different platforms in writing and marketing industry.
Last update on 2020-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API